It is an exciting new software that is taking the Fitness Industry by storm and we are lucky enough to have it here at Oxley!
What is Myzone you ask? Whilst at the gym or during a fitness class you may have heard your instructor talk about your Maximum Heart Rate (MHR) which is the age related number of beats per minute when
the heart is working at its maximum. MyZone is an innovative wearable heart rate strap based system, that has a 99.4% accurate heart rate reading, equivalent of an ECG. The heart rate strap is far more accurate
than your normal fitness trackers such as a Garmin or Apple watch. The monitor uses 5 different colour zones, which represent a percentage of your maximum heart rate. The wireless cloud technology then logs and tracks calorie expenditure and time used exercising which is then all stored on to an app on your phone or IPad, with either android or iOS. It conveniently monitors your physical activity allowing you to see your
progression, helps you to work harder to achieve your fitness goals and allows you to connect with others using MyZone.
You are able to compete and connect with others from within your
facility, view workout histories and it is great for group training for events such as Tough Mudders. Being able to analyse where the weaknesses are on each team member to then be able to work together to improve and achieve the goal set.
The strap stores up to 16 hours of data meaning you can train and exercise outside the centre, away from your phone and app. It will also connect to 3rd party apps such as Google fit, Strava, Facebook and the like. The strap is also waterproof up to 10m which allows you to swim with it on.
MZ-Remote is a virtual gym training tool that allows instructors to communicate with our members and displays live heart rate data for all class participants on one screen, no matter where you choose to workout. With MZ-Remote, you can workout with your other class participants and take part in your favourite classes without needing to step outside of your front door!
Sign up for an MZ-Remote class: Use your mobile device, iPad or TV screen to receive live feedback with everyone’s colour zones and the instructor on one screen.
Enhance your at-home experience: The instructor provides encouragement for you to stay in the optimum colour zone just like the real gym experience, wherever you choose to workout.
Recreate the studio buzz: Sign up and turn up! You will feel motivated to push harder and excited about exercise.
What you will need
1) Myzone MZ-3 or MZ-1 belt
2) Mobile device with Myzone app
3) Water and towel
Please email reception for the facility code and ID -
Step 1: Book a Class
• To participate in an MZ-Remote class, you must firstly book the
class on the Myzone app.
• From the main menu in the Myzone app, select Book A Class
then select Timetable.
• Find the class and select Book.
• Confirm your booking spot.
To manage your bookings, navigate back to MZ-Book in the app and select My Classes. From here, you can view upcoming classes, favourites, rebook, or cancel your bookings.
Step 2: Join a Class
• Before beginning an MZ-Remote class, put on your belt and launch the Myzone app on your mobile device.
• Go to on the home menu, then select My Classes.
• You will see a list of your booked classes. Five minutes before your class start time, select Join Now, which automatically directs you to your Workout tile.
• You may also join the class when prompted by a push notification on your mobile device. When selected, it will take you directly to your Workout tile.
• If the instructor starts their Zoom video stream, you will see the instructor on the bottom half of your screen with your live effort at the top.
To toggle back and forth between the class live board and your personal effort tile, select in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
If you wish to share your video with the instructor, select the red camera with the line through it on the Workout tile which will launch your mobile’s camera. Your instructor will then be able to see you; however, the instructor will not be able to hear you. To disable your camera again, select the green camera.
Audio is available when an instructor unmutes you from their Zoom program. This will automatically send a confirmation prompt in your mobile device asking for permission. Once confirmed, audio is enabled between you and the instructor and other class participants.
• To disable audio, select in the app.
• Display the instructor’s live stream video by selecting on your Workout tile.
• If you wish to remove your live tile from the live board, select Leave on your Workout tile. Allow 30-60 seconds for your tile to remove from the live board. If you remove your tile, you can still continue participating in the class, however your effort tile will no longer be visible on the group heart rate board in the class.
• If you want to display your tile on the live group heart rate board again, simply select Rejoin on the Workout tile.
To display your own timers, select which will display various timer options for you to choose.
MZ-Remote on your TV
If you have a compatible device, you can screen mirror the Myzone app to the big screen for an improved experience. To begin, you must enable screen mirroring on your TV. Please consult your manufacturer manual for instruction.
iPhone & iPad
Use AirPlay to stream MZ-Remote from your device to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
1. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
2. Open Control Center:
• On iPhone X or later, or iPad with iOS 12 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On iPhone 8 or earlier, or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
3. Tap Screen Mirroring.
4. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.
5. If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your iOS device.
Your TV uses your iOS device's screen orientation and aspect ratio. To fill your TV screen with the mirrored iOS device screen, change your TV's aspect ratio or zoom settings.
To stop mirroring your iOS device, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring, or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
This varies by phone model, but most have a shortcut for screen mirroring in your quick settings. The example below is from a Samsung device. Please consult your phone operation manual for instructions.
1. Drag two fingers down from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings menu.
2. Swipe left to show additional apps.
3. Select Smart View (your phone will then automatically start searching for devices to connect with).
4. Select Allow to connect with your chosen device.
Alternatively, you can connect via the Google Home app. To do so, follow the below instructions:
1. Ensure that your mobile phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device or smart TV. 2. Open the Google Home app.
3. Tap the device for which you want to cast your screen.
4. Tap Cast my screen Cast screen.
5. To stop mirroring your device, open the Google Home app , Tap your device Stop mirroring .